Wednesday, September 21, 2011

stages of grief, diabetes style

I'm working through them...just not in the correct order. 

Denial, anger, bargaining, depression, acceptance: that's the normal order.

The order I've been working through: acceptance, denial, depression.

I suppose I should have known something was wrong when the acceptance came so easily.  Damn you, acceptance! Why couldn't you have just come in due time?

I don't plan on hitting bargaining.  I guess there is still a chance for anger, but probably not.  I'll just hang out in depression for a while and probably swing between it and denial for a while longer.  Yes, I realize it's not healthy, but obviously neither am I since I wasn't born with diabetes but now I gots it. 

I realize my posts are usually about judging others...today I'm just judging myself.  I know it's pathetic, but I don't care.  Hopefully this drawing brings you some levity after this depressing and me-centric post.  Don't cry for me, Argentina.  I'll figure it out...probably.


The carbs I love, hate, and miss: bread, raspberry milkshake, mini-brownies, pasta, pizza, fries, fruit, orange juice (with pulp), and cranberry/vodkas. 

No comments: