Sunday, May 2, 2010

breaking up is hard to do


 Cheddar,
What I'm about to put down in words really pains me, but it must be said.  We've had a really great run.  We've known each other for so long, and when we first met all those years ago it was love at first taste.  I thought we would be together forever.  I could never have imagined my life without you or with anything else.  I denied others who just couldn't match your superiority.  But these last few months have felt so foreign, like we are going through the motions without the emotion.  I feel like we've grown apart too much to ever get back to where we were.

Cheddar, I met something new.  I didn't plan it.  It just happened.  It wasn't you; it was me.  I just needed something different in my life.  I started using Mozzarella for pizza, then crackers, then pasta, then i started craving it all by itself.  And this whole time I didn't even realize we were falling in love.  Neither of us knew what was happening, but we couldn't deny the obvious connection or the feelings we were both experiencing.

I will always love you, Cheddar.  You have been there for me through good times and bad.  You've been tasty and reliable.   I hope that we can remain friends, and I really mean that.

Sincerely,
Me

4 comments:

Ann said...

once again, you've outdone yourself. i think you should compile all of your postings at the end of the year into some sort of book and sell it. that's how awesome you are.

tessa said...

oh ann, you are too kind. i don't think anybody would buy a book like that.

Kelly said...

AHAHAHHA!!! I LOVE IT. You truly are hilarious. I <3 Tessa blogs!

tessa said...

mom, i assumed you would because you're my mom. but one purchase does not success make.